Privacy First - MIMO
We've gone to extraordinary lengths to ensure your data and your customer's data is secure.
Rather than complain about GDPR, we're embracing the new rules. We believe security & privacy should come first.
To help you stay compliant, we're implementing tools to help you stay compliant with the new rules. You can read our blog about GDPR here.
Get Consent With GDPR Friendly Splash Pages
Even if you're not using the built-in email capture, you're capturing personal data in the form of IP & MAC addresses. The GDPR says that you must obtain explicit, opt-in consent, and be clear about how your customer data will be used.
- GDPR friendly splash pages that are fast to set-up. You'll be able to get (and record) your user's consent.
- Automatically add a checkbox so your users can decide what to sign-up for.
- Control SMS & Email notification settings separately.
- Control the text and add your own terms.
- Disable access completely if they don't provide consent or opt-out.
Handle User Data Requests
Under the GDPR, your users have expanded rights regarding their personal data. We're adding a number of tools to help you manage these requests yourself.
- A user portal from which your customers can manage their own notification settings, download their personal data and delete their account completely.
- You'll also get similar tools within your MIMO dashboard so you can view, export and delete customer data too.
- Deleting a user will remove all traces of that user's personal information, including MAC addresses. It will also remove them from any charts / reports. Anonymised / aggregated data won't be touched.
Trusted Providers Only
If you're syncing your email addresses with your fave tools, like MailChimp, you'll need to let your users know who you're sharing with and why you're sharing.
Since it's your responsibility to use GDPR compliant suppliers, we've created a carefully created list of companies you can integrate with.
Keep your data handling / processing compliant
Since you might already processing user data with MIMO, you might also wonder if the data you've already captured is OK? Once the new splash pages have been introduced, your data will be fully compliant.
If not, you might have captured data without the correct consent. If this is the case, you'll be able to use the MIMO email & SMS tools to ask for consent again. It's better to be safe than sorry.
What Happens Next
These tools will be added over the coming weeks, including new terms and privacy policies. If you're processing customer data yourself, you'll need to ensure your own terms have been updated. GDPR comes into effect on May 25th 2018 but there's still time to get sorted.
In the meantime, if you have any questions - give us a shout!